Sevier County Fair Sheep Show
~ Policy Change for 2019 ~
Exhibitors will be responsible for providing their own shavings.
Thursday, August 29th, 2019 * 6:00 PM
General Rules: Junior Sheep Show
1. No animals will be admitted to the fairgrounds without "Certificates of Veterinary Inspection" (health papers)
2. Application for Junior show entry - entries must be made on regulation entry forms furnished by The Sevier County Fair. Entry Deadline: August 23rd, 2019- entry forms must be returned to The Sevier County Fair office. Entry Forms can be found on the Sevier County Fair website.
* There are no pen fees or sheep entry fees, however admission tickets must be purchased for all exhibitors and guest before August 23rd, 2019. If guests have not paid, they will be required to pass through the main gates to purchase a ticket.
* Please see website for entry forms and mailing address.
4. Junior Sheep must be in place by 4:00 pm on Thursday, August 29th, 2019.
5. Junior competition is limited to either 4-H club members who were enrolled in the 4th grade or later and FFA members who were enrolled in Vocational agriculture on January 1st of the current year and who have not reached the end of the calendar year of their high school graduation.
6. Junior exhibitors will show their own animals, unless they have (2) animals in the same class. The second animal must be shown by a 4-H Club or FFA member.
7. All Junior Sheep must be registered unless exhibiting in the Commercial Ewe class.
8. Junior Sheep show release times will be 9:00 pm following the show.
9. Junior Sheep show order will be announced before the show.
10. In cases where there is only one exhibit per lot or class, exhibitor will receive 1st place ribbon and premium.
11. Junior exhibitors must comply with Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and to Sevier County Fair General Rules for Sheep shows.
12. Safety: Everything possible will be done to prevent accidents; however, if an accident should occur, neither the Sevier County Fair, Fair Personnel or Others connected with the management of Sevier County Fair assumes any liability, either legal or otherwise to persons or property.
13. Violations of any rules may result in all premiums and awards being forfeited.